Ashampoo AntiVirus 1.61
You don’t need to know everything that Ashampoo AntiVirus does to protect you but it may interest you: It doesn’t just scan email attachments and new files for threats. It also scans your computer’s memory and all critical system areas. If you want you can also define your own customized scans to perform systematic checks of all or part of your system, including removable media like CDs and DVDs and even external and portable devices.
A special intelligent system known as heuristics analysis is used to identify as-yet unknown threats on the basis of suspicious behavior and stop them before they can do any damage.
When infections are found you can choose to clean them immediately or you can put them in quarantine. This is a special protected area where the infected files cannot do any damage but they can be recovered if necessary – for example if you discover that the threat identified was harmless. All the operations performed by the program are recorded in detail in log files. You can view the contents of the logs at any time.
Comprehensive protection: Protects against over 470,000 viruses, worms, Trojans and dialers. Scans all critical system areas, memory, emails and files.
Simple to use: Very intuitive user interface, no previous knowledge required. Configuration with slider controls that automatically display the settings.
Low system load: You won’t notice it’s there so you’ll never feel tempted to turn your protection off.
Daily updates: The virus signatures are updated several times a day and the program checks for updates automatically – every hour if you want. A high-speed server prevents update delays.
Multiple scan modes: Automatic protection while you are working plus manual scans and scheduled scans performed automatically.
Quarantine: Move infected or suspicious files to a locked quarantine area where they can’t do any damage.
Windows® Explorer integration: Adds an option with which you can scan files for viruses directly in Windows® Explorer.
Technology highlights for the experts:
Heuristic analysis: Advanced new algorithms for identifying and blocking unknown threats on the basis of suspicious behavior.
User-defined scanning: Experienced users can define and schedule up to eight different automatic scans to be performed regularly or at specific times.
Complete protection: Scans memory, critical system areas, hard drives, folders, archives, removable media and portable and external devices.
XP Security Center integration: The program is fully compatible with Windows® XP Security Center (Windows® will automatically recognize that you have valid and up-to-date virus protection).
Logging: Comprehensive logs are maintained of all program activities and can be viewed directly within the program at any time.
Minimum load background scanning: The background scanning module is a completely new development that places a minimum load on your system resources.
BitDefender™ provides security solutions to satisfy the protection requirements of today's computing environment, delivering effective threat management to over 41 million home and corporate users in more than 200 countries. Features antivirus, firewall, antispyware, antispam and parental control for corporate and home users.
The BitDefender 2008 product line, which includes BitDefender Antivirus 2008, Internet Security 2008 and Total Security 2008, is designed to protect a wide variety of computer usage scenarios ranging from individual PC users and multi-PC families to SoHo businesses.
BitDefender Internet Security 2008 provides all the security your Internet-connected family or small business needs. It provides comprehensive proactive protection from viruses, hackers, spyware, spam and phishing emails, and it also protects children from inappropriate websites.
BitDefender Internet Security 2008 is designed for users who want complete protection from malware and other common Internet Security threats. Internet Security includes all of the benefits of Antivirus 2008 as well as:
• Firewall protection – controlling access to the Internet while “hiding” the computer from hackers
• E-mail anti-phishing and anti-spam – preventing different types of spam and scam e-mails from being delivered
• Parental controls – to block access to inappropriate websites and e-mails
• Web time limiter – which allows or blocks access to the web during specified time periods
• Application control – which allows users to limit access to specified applications
Other benefits include Wi-Fi wireless protection that alerts users to unauthorized access to their Wi-Fi network, and the use of new adaptive engines which offer greater protection by speeding response times to new spamming techniques.
ANTIVIRUS & ANTISPYWARE
* Protects your PC in real time from known viruses, spyware and other malware with hourly updates
* Blocks unknown viruses using advanced proactive detection techniques
* Monitors and prevents spyware threats in real-time
* Detects and removes the newest breed of hidden threats known as rootkits
* Provides a smooth gaming experience by reducing the system load to a minimum
* Protects against phishing attacks by filtering all accessed web pages for fraud attempts
* Reduces the risk of identity theft by preventing personal information leaks via e-mail or web.
* Controls applications’ access to the Internet while “hiding” your computer from hackers
* Helps prevent unauthorized access to your Wi-Fi network by notifying you when computers log in to the network.
* Prevents different types of spam and scam e-mails from reaching your Inbox
* Now responds faster to new spamming techniques with new adaptive engines
* Blocks access to inappropriate websites and e-mail
* Allows or blocks web access during specified time periods
* Windows 2000 with Service Pack 4
* Windows XP with Service Pack 2 (32/64 bit)
* Windows Vista (32/64 bit)
Offers 6 in 1 PC Protection from viruses, spyware and hacking so you can safely surf the web. Helps you avoid unsafe websites with McAfee SiteAdvisor’s proprietary website safety ratings. Security service that continuously and automatically updates with the latest software and threat security data to all your PCs. Easily add and manage security for multiple PCs in your home. Improves your PC health by cleaning clutter off your computer. Enhanced and streamlined security performs faster and requires less of your computer’s resources than previous versions.
Built on the award-winning ThreatSense® engine, ESET NOD32 Antivirus proactively detects and disables more viruses, trojans, worms, adware, spyware, phishing, rootkits and other Internet threats than any program available.ESET NOD32 Antivirus provides:* Proactive Protection: The award winning ThreatSense technology combines multiple layers of detection protecting you from Internet threats before it is too late.* Precise Detection: ESET accurately identifies known and unknown threats. It consistently wins top awards from testing labs and is recognized for having zero false positive.1* Lightweight Design: Requires less memory and CPU power, allowing your computer to run fast, making more room for games, web browsing, and emailing.* Fast Scanning Speeds: Highly efficient program ensuring fast file scanning and product updates. It runs quietly in the background.Proactive, precise, lightweight and fast. You won’t find a better antivirus program.ESET NOD32 Antivirus Version 3.0 - What's New?With hundreds of new threats released daily, you need a solution that evolves. With ESET NOD32 Antivirus version 3.0, you’ll enjoy:* Support for Windows 2000/XP/Vista* Full integration with Windows Security Center* Improved graphical interface* Improved cleaning - automatically removes detected threats.* Even faster scanning
Ashampoo AntiVirus 1.61