SpywareBlaster doesn't scan and clean for spyware - it prevents it from ever being installed.
Spyware, adware, browser hijackers, and dialers are some of the fastest-growing threats on the Internet today. By simply browsing to a web page, you could find your computer to be the brand-new host of one of these unwanted fiends!
The most important step you can take is to secure your system and SpywareBlaster is the most powerful protection program available.
Features of SpywareBlaster 4.0 :
· Prevent the installation of ActiveX-based spyware, adware, browser hijackers, dialers, and other potentially unwanted pests.
· Block spyware/tracking cookies in Internet Explorer and Mozilla/Firefox.
· Restrict the actions of potentially dangerous sites in Internet Explorer.
SpywareBlaster can help keep your system spyware-free and secure, without interfering with the "good side" of the web. And unlike other programs, SpywareBlaster does not have to remain running in the background.
How to update SpywareBlaster :
1.) AutoUpdate - keep your protection up-to-date automatically!
2.) Check for Updates - manually check for and download the latest updates
The built-in Check for Updates function is completely free.
To access Check for Updates, simply click on the "Updates" tab on the left side of the SpywareBlaster interface, and then press the "Check for Updates" button.
If you would like the convenience of the AutoUpdate feature, more information can be found in SpywareBlaster itself.
(Click on the "Updates" tab, and then the "AutoUpdate" tab.)
A SpywareBlaster AutoUpdate subscription is $9.95 (US) per computer, per year, and is good on the computer from which it is purchased.
Subscriptions do not automatically renew - you will be prompted to purchase a new subscription when your current subscription expires.
The xp-AntiSpy is a little utility that lets you disable some built-in update and authentication 'features' in WindowsXP.
For example, there's a service running in the background which is called 'Automatic Updates'. I don't know what this service transfers from my machine to other machines on the internet, especially the MS ones. So I play it safe and disable such functions. If you like, you can even disable these functions manually, by going through the System and checking or unchecking some checkboxes. This will take you approximately half an hour. But why wast time when a little neat utility can do the same in 1 minute?
xp-AntiSpy was successfully tested by lots of users, and was found to disable all the known 'Suspicious' Functions in WindowsXP. It's customiseable, but comes up with the Default settings, which are recommended.
This utility is DONATIONWARE! This means, you don't have to pay anything for this program and you can give it to anyone who's interested in it, as long as you don't sell it. If you find this tool useful, and wanna gimme something back, think about donating a small amount of money.
What's New in xp-AntiSpy 3.96.8 :
· Fixed bug in the setting 'Disable identification of player by websites'
· Added setting: 'Disable Java Script in the PDF-Reader'
· Fixed bug in the time server settings dialog
· Fixed bugs in the command line options
SPAMfighter Standard 6.2.29
SPAMfighter is Europe's leading Anti Spam Filter developer, providing Spam Protection for hundreds of thousands of home and corporate users on PC's and Servers.
If you need a spam filter for your home/office PC or you need to spam protect a server, you have come to the right place.
SPAMfighter Standard is free and can only be used in private homes and schools. In SPAMfighter Standard, a short text ad is displayed in your e-mail client, and an "I'm protected by SPAMfighter" message is appended to your outgoing e-mails. You don't have the language filter and other useful features are missing
SPAMfighter supports the following mail servers: ArGoSoft, CMailServer, CommuniGate, Courier, DynFX, GroupWise, IMail, Kerio, Domino, MDaemon, Merak, MERCUR, MS SMTP MAIL Service, Netscape Messaging Server, NTMail, Postfix, QMail, Sendmail, Winmail, Winroute, WorkgroupMail, XMail and more.
Features of SPAMfighter Standard 6.2.29 :
· SPAMfighter Standard is 100% free for private use
· Award winning spam blocking technology
· Protects against "phishing" and other email fraud
· Protects all the email accounts on your PC
· Unique language filtering tool that empowers you to stop emails written in specific languages
· Automatic "real mail" protection - means no lost business mails!
· Blacklist domains and emails
· Spam Abuse Reporting with one click
· Automatic Whitelist management
· Privacy Guaranteed - we don't see any of your email
· Does not filter based on simple phrases or "trigger" words. Allows any content
· Language support: English, German, Spanish, French, Italian, Dutch, Swedish, Norwegian, Suomi and Danish.
There are two versions of SPAMfighter: SPAMfighter Standard, available for download, here and SPAMfighter Pro.This is the product you download and get free for 1 month. After the trial, you can choose to pay only $29 and keep the Pro version, otherwise you are automatically downgraded to the free SPAMfighter Standard.
SPAMfighter Pro can be used in companies and other commercial environments and gives access to better protection.
What you get with SPAMfighter Pro :
· The right to use SPAMfighter in a company/organization
· Unique language filtering tool - Stop emails in languages you don't understand
· Option to move the toolbar in Microsoft Outlook
· Premium support - Typical same answer within 24 hours
· Unlimited Blacklist/Whitelist entries
· Option to remove the SPAMfighter Footer in your emails
· Commercial-free email client
If you want to upgrade to SPAMfighter Pro, please click here.
What's New in SPAMfighter 6.2.29 :
· Improved spam detection
· Added Thai translations
· Fixed bug in Outlook Express plugin when composing Japanese emails
SystemExplorer 1.4 RC1
SystemExplorer helps you to find out everything you need to know about your system: detailed informations about Processes, Startups, Explorer, IE Addons, Uninstallers and much more!
Features of SystemExplorer 1.4 :
· Detailed informations about Processes, Startups, Explorer, IE Addons, Uninstallers, Windows, Services, Drivers, Connections and Opened Files
· Action History for monitoring processes activities
· Making of Registry & Files snapshots for easy comparing of system changes. Result of comparation is displayed in tree view and text list. Can be used for analysation of product installers/uninstallers (like Total Uninstall)
· Performance graphs for monitoring usage of system resources in time
· Easy check of suspicious files via VirusTotal
· Easy search details about file/process via online databases
· Easy access to System Utilities
What's New in SystemExplorer 1.4 Beta 4 :
· Added Portuguese translation
· Added Japanese translation
· Performance Optimisation
· Added config.ini option - Main > CheckNewVersion - Set to 0 for disabling checking of new
· Added config.ini option - Main > HideWindowOnTrayClick - Set to 1 for enable "Hide Window
On Tray Click" feature
· Added checking for "Not Responding" Status in Application Tab
· Changed View of Process CPU Usage
· Fixed special characters in Espanol translation
· Fixed bug in File Certificate Loader
· Fixed bug in File Info Icon Loader
· Fixed Process CPU Usage Computing
· Fixed Virus Total Uploader
What's New in SystemExplorer 1.4 RC1 :
· Added System Utilities Menu to Tray Popup
· Added Shutdown Menu to Tray Popup
· Added option to "Allow one instance only"
· Added hotkey Shift+F10 for showing of content menu.
· Added config.ini user section value snapshotsPath for setting snapshots directory
· Added loading of SnapshotFilter.txt primary from snapshots directory
· Fixed Start with config.ini readonly access
· Fixed Few Snapshots Tool Issues
· Fixed Minor Bugs
Trojan Remover 22.214.171.1248
Trojan Remover was written to aid in the removal of Trojan Horses and Internet Worms when standard anti-virus software has either failed to detect the problem or is unable to effectively eliminate it.
Trojan Remover has been written for Windows 95/98/NT/Millennium/XP. It has been successfully used by Windows 2000 users, although this platform has not been officially tested.
The majority of Virus and Trojan Scanners are well able to detect malicious Trojan Horses and Internet Worms but are not always very efficient in removing them once they have been triggered.
Trojan Remover was written specifically to carry out such a removal without the user having to manually edit system files, including the Registry. The program also removes the additional system modifications some Trojans carry out which are ignored by other Virus and Trojan Scanners.
Features of Trojan Remover 6.6.8 :
Trojan Remover will examine all the system files, including the Windows Registry and determine the programs and files that are loaded at boot time. The majority of Trojan Horses (once triggered) are loaded this way.
Trojan Remover will scan ALL the files loaded at boot time for Remote Access Trojans ('backdoors', like NetBus, SubSeven, Optix Pro, Back Orifice etc.), Internet Worms and other malware.
For each identified Trojan Horse, Worm, or other malware, Trojan Remover will pop up an alert screen showing the file location and name; it will offer to remove the program's reference from the system files and allow you to rename the file to stop its activation.
Most modern Trojans make themselves memory-resident, making their de-activation more difficult. How many times have you been told to start your computer in 'Safe' mode, or even worse, in DOS? Trojan Remover will do all this for you. When a Trojan is found that is memory-resident, Trojan Remover will (on request) reboot your system and completely DISABLE the Trojan before Windows restarts. It also protects the system files whilst doing so by making them read-only.
Trojan Remover writes to a detailed logfile each time a Scan is performed. This file contains information on which programs are loaded at boot-time, and what (if any) actions Trojan Remover carried out. This logfile can be printed out for future reference.
The program incorporates the ability to automatically scan for Trojans every time you start your computer.
You can scan individual files and directories from within Windows Explorer.
Trojan Remover incorporates an integral Updater allowing for quick and easy Database updates.
What's New in Trojan Remover 6.6.8 :
· Added new detection and removal routines for maliciously patched drivers.
· Improved heuristic detection routines for Adware.VirtuMonde/Trojan.Vundo.
Kaspersky Internet Security 126.96.36.1998 Beta
Kaspersky Internet Security 7.0 is a comprehensive computer defense system from all types of electronic threats, such as malware, hacker exploits, spam, rootkits, spyware, phishing messages, persistent popup ads, etc
Download [ Kaspersky Internet Security 188.8.131.525 Final ]
Download [ Kaspersky Internet Security 184.108.40.2068 Beta ]
In addition to the Anti-Viruses, the application includes a new generation personal Firewall, a Proactive Defense component offering protection from unknown threats, a Privacy Control component providing protection from Internet fraud, and an Anti-Spam component which filters out unsolicited emails.
Kaspersky Internet Security Version 7.0 includes a number of improvements which expand its functionality and the level of protection significantly. Thus, the new Parental Control module monitors users' browsing activity and blocks access to web resources containing violence, pornography, promotion of drugs or limits time online. The Confidential Data Protection module of the Privacy Control component prevents theft of important information, such as, email addresses, passwords, banking information, and credit card numbers.
Even with the added functionality and comprehensive protection, controlling the Kaspersky Internet Security 7.0 application has become even simpler and more convenient: a beginner would be able to select an application installation type and a protection mode to suit his or her needs from the provided list of options.
Kaspersky Internet Security 7.0 was initially developed for the new Microsoft Windows Vista operating system. It is fully compatible both with the 32 and the 64-bit versions of the operating system. The product interface follows the style of Microsoft Windows Vista and integrates naturally with its graphic environment.
Features of Kaspersky Internet Security 7.0 :
• The Best Anti-Virus Protection
· Ranked #1 for anti-virus detection
· The industry's fastest response time to new Internet threats
· Standard automated hourly anti-virus updates (Tiny at ~50 Kb each!)
· The most monthly updates available
· Real-time e-mail, file and web scanning for safe surfing
• Robust Spyware Protection
· #1 in spyware & adware detection
· Prevents rootkits and keyloggers from stealing personal data
· Automatically removes hidden spyware
· Detects unauthorized activity & probes
· Blocks unwanted pop-ups & banners
• Anti-Hacker Protection
· Fully integrated personal firewall
· New generation Intrusion Detection/Prevention System (IDS/IPS)
· Privacy controls protect passwords and confidential data
· Parental controls limit online time and access to forbidden sites (with tracking)
· Stealth mode to remain invisible online
• Anti-Spam Protection
· Sophisticated self-learning system
· Robust phishing protection against identity theft
· E-mail header previewing before down-loading messages
· Blacklist and whitelists for addresses and phrases
· Analysis of graphics in spam
• Impressive System Performance
· The least processor, memory and bandwidth resources required
· Rapid iSwiftT and iCheckerT virus scanning for accelerated performance
· Automatic balancing of scan speeds with increased user activity
· Ideal for instant messaging and WiFi
• Minimize Any Downtime
· Easy-to-create rescue disk instantly restores your system if damaged
· Rapidly rollback any malicious changes including restoring encrypted data
Improvements in Kaspersky Internet Security 7.0 :
· Feature added to check for and download the installer package for the latest version from the Kaspersky Lab web servers when the program installation is started.
· Web page interception and processing mechanims of the Parental Control module improved. Now the component analyzes both the contents of the root node of the site and each specifically requested page.
· Data processing speed increasing and proxy server resource consumption reduced.
· Support added for IP protocol version 6 (IPv6).
· Option added to disable Firewall from checking for changes to files in a monitored application on every attempt to join the network.
· Recent Terms technology added to Anti-Spam, analyzing message text for phrases typical of spam.
· Anti-Spam training now possible using outcoming emails on the setup wizard after installing the program.
· Option added to import addresses from the Microsoft Office Outlook/ Microsoft Outlook Express to the Anti-Spam whitelist.
· Option added for skipping trusted remote administration programs (for example, RAdmin) from Kaspersky Internet Security self-defense.
· Improvements made to interface of the program activation wizard.
· Feature added for testing network connections and updating the program when the connection is restored.
· Program behavior when changing system time changed: the program continues to run.
· Support added for Arabic-script languages.
· Proactive Defense has a new mechanism for detecting next-generation keyloggers.
· Extended capability for intercepting driver downloads (LoadAndCallImage).
· Improved program self-defense mechanism for automatic selection of actions in notifications on dangerous object detection.
AVG Anti-Virus Professional Edition 8.0.81
AVG 8.0 Anti-Virus is one of a range of award winning AVG products designed to provide you with peace of mind and total security for your PC. As with all AVG products AVG 8.0 Anti-Virus has been completely re-designed, from the ground up, to deliver AVG’s renowned and accredited security protection in a new, more user friendly and efficient way.
more aggressive and faster scanning. More security features have been automated for your convenience, and new ‘intelligent’ user options have been included so that you can fit our security features to your way of life. No more compromising usability over security!
Features of AVG Anti-Virus Professional Edition 8.0 :
· Easy to download, install and use
· Protection against viruses, spyware, adware, worms and trojans
· Real-time security while you surf and chat online
· Top-quality protection that does not slow your system down
· Free support and service around the clock and across the globe
· Compatible with Windows Vista and Windows XP
Download [ Unlocker 1.8.6 ]
Download [ Unlocker 1.8.6 - Mirror ]
Download [ Unlocker 1.8.5 ]
Download [ Unlocker 1.8.5 - Mirror ]
What's New in Unlocker 1.8.5 :
· New feature: Copy locked file. There is a new drop entry in the drop down menu which allow you to copy a file which has a handle opened. Very useful to copy .ncb files opened by Visual Studio for example.
· Improved UI: Unlocker Assistant is now multilanguage. Thanks to RDPK7 (Bulgarian), Jiun-Liang Lin (Chinese traditional), Toma Bendasek (Czech), Hoder Balder Marcus Jensen (Danish), Raphael Fetzer (German), Javier L. (Spanish), Tuukka Rantala (Finnish), Ilya Dan (Hebrew), DirektX (Hungarian), Marco D'Amato (Italian), Catbaron (Japanese), Dae-Seok Kim and Kim JaeGeun (Korean), Tommy Skaue (Norwegian), Marcin Wawer (Polish), Rhadoo (Romanian), Dmitry Yerokhin (Russian), Emperror (Slovak), Egzon Beqa (Albanian), Pruthisith Prateepavanich (Thai), Aleg Azarousky (Belarusian), Aleksander 'Quattro' Hropot (Slovenian), Igor Gubaidulin (Lithuanian), Ozzii (Serbian), Adis Imamovich (Bosnian)
· Fixed bug: Denied access issue when selecting several files.
· Fixed UI: Fixed many languages problems.
Note: Unlocker is completely free and will always remain free, which means you can use it free of charge for any purposes. If you are satisfied with Unlocker and want to help Unlocker improve or motivate the development of other quality programs, any amount of donation small or large will be welcome and gratefully appreciated. Visit author's homepage
Process Explorer 11.11
Process Explorer shows you information about which handles and DLLs processes have opened or loaded.
The Process Explorer display consists of two sub-windows. The top window always shows a list of the currently active processes, including the names of their owning accounts, whereas the information displayed in the bottom window depends on the mode that Process Explorer is in: if it is in handle mode you'll see the handles that the process selected in the top window has opened; if Process Explorer is in DLL mode you'll see the DLLs and memory-mapped files that the process has loaded.
Process Explorer also has a powerful search capability that will quickly show you which processes have particular handles opened or DLLs loaded.
Changes in Process Explorer 11 :
· New treelist control for better UI responsiveness
· Asynchronous thread symbol resolution on threads tab of process properties
· More flags on groups in security tab and SID display
· Thread IDs on threads tab
· On-line search uses default web browser and search engine
· Vista ASLR column for processes and DLLs
· Vista Process and thread I/O and memory priorities in process and thread properties
· Vista Process and thread I/O and memory columns
· PROCESS_QUERY_LIMITED_INFORMATION support on process permissions on Vista
· Run as limited user runs with low IL on Vista
· Reports information for all object types on Vista
· Show details for all processes elevation menu item on Vista
· Supports replacement of task manager on Vista
· /e to launch elevated
· /s switch to select a process at startup
· Compiled w/ASLR, DEP
· Faster startup
· Miscellaneous bug fixes and minor improvements
Autoruns shows you what programs are configured to run during system bootup or login, and shows you the entries in the order Windows processes them.
These programs include ones in your startup folder, Run, RunOnce, and other Registry keys. You can configure Autoruns to show other locations, including Explorer shell extensions, toolbars, browser helper objects, Winlogon notifications, auto-start services, and much more. Autoruns goes way beyond the MSConfig utility bundled with Windows Me and XP.
Autoruns' Hide Signed Microsoft Entries option helps you to zoom in on third-party auto-starting images that have been added to your system and it has support for looking at the auto-starting images configured for other accounts configured on a system. Also included in the download package is a command-line equivalent that can output in CSV format, Autorunsc.
You'll probably be surprised at how many executables are launched automatically