In addition, it allows you to mount shared folders as network drives, browse them using Windows Explorer, filter the results list and more. SoftPerfect Network Scanner can also check for a user-defined port and report back if one is open. It can also resolve host names and auto-detect your local and external IP range. It supports remote shutdown and Wake-On-LAN.
Here are some key features of "SoftPerfect Network Scanner":
· Fast multithreaded scanning.
· Pings computers.
· Detects hardware (MAC) addresses.
· Detects hidden shared resources (Normally they are not visible on a network) and write accessible shares.
· Scans for listening TCP ports and SNMP services.
· Mounting and exploring of found resources.
· Doesn't require administrative privileges.
* Pings computers.
* Does not require administrative privileges.
* Detects hardware (MAC) addresses even across routers.
* Detects hidden shared folders (normally invisible on the network) and write accessible shares.
* Detects your internal and external IP addresses.
* Scans for listening TCP ports and SNMP services.
* Retrieves currently logged-on users.
* You can mount and explore network resources.
* Can launch external third party applications.
* Exports results to HTML, XML, CSV and TXT
* Supports Wake-On-LAN and remote shutdown.
* It is absolutely free, requires no installation, and does not contain any adware/spyware/malware.